Tuesday 31 May 2011

Paper Wonders





I went on a little adventure recently to find Unit 12, where Jennifer Collier resides. I went to see the "First Anniversary: Paper exhibition, showcasing a piece of work from 25 of the countries most exciting makers working with paper". A real treat it was. This lovely collection of work is available for you to see until the 30th July 2011.






Images Top to Bottom:
Jennifer Collier
Helen Roberts
Julie Arkell
Magie Hollingworth

These were my favourite pieces in the exhibition. It was great to finally see where Jennifer works from, where her workshops are run and the wonderfully light, airy gallery space. It was really inspiring for me to see what Jennifer has achieved in just a year of opening Unit 12, it gives you hope as a younger maker with determination and hard work what is possible.

I will be running my own hanging pocket workshop from Unit 12 on Saturday the 19th November 2011, so check out the Unit 12 website for booking information, etc.

Thanks Jennifer x

No comments: