Friday 3 December 2010

The best thing about shows..

...is getting to do 'swaps' with other artists! Recently at Lustre, Nottingham I did a real good swap with my friend Rachel Eardley. I've been a big fan of her work ever since we met a couple of years ago when our stands were next to each other at The Contemporary Craft Fair, Bovey Tracey. Now I have my very own special pieces, below is the first bobby dazzler print of a TUNNOCKS TEACAKE which sits proudly on my kitchen wall..




The next piece is very close to my heart and something special which I asked Rachel to make..I love her jewellery made from old coins and have been waiting for this piece since June!



This necklace is made from a very old Dutch coin of my Grandma's. It was already pretty decorative so I didn't ask for too much to be cut away but the result is still very pretty.




And, so in return my task was to make Rachel a hanging pocket that she can wear on a daily basis to keep her 'hankies' in. Here is the result, I hope she's pleased, the fabrics and everything were all Rachel's choice. As a special treat this has her initials embroidered on it x




2 comments:

martienn said...

ou, like ur blog ! :D
is very very very cute !
notes are very interesting ;**


if you want follow me and write comment ;*

rachel eardley said...

Rachel here, i LOVE my POCKET. perfect chose from your fine collection of fabrics.great new site too.